Tuesday 22 October 2013

The Girly Relay

Kate, Xanthe, Ruth & Eileen

Running first was Kate. Anxiously waiting for the 'Go,' not only her but everyone was shaking with nerves in our bodies. 

SNAP! Sprinting through the mowed grass, a huge wave of cheering erupted through the area. 


 


Second comes Xanthe. Her legs jolt with her knees flying high, aiming for excellence.

Now it’s my turn. I grab the silver baton and I wobble my way past those who slow down. I shout to Ruth “Run Ruth!” She grabs the stick and thunders through, racing against the fast girls. With a giant leap past the finish line we ended in fourth place. 

Sadly we didn’t do as well as we hoped but fortunately the amazing Room 11 won the class shield! Thanks to the boys... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It will appear when our teacher has moderated it.